Flavoring water with fruit, vegetables, or even herbs can be a great way to get into drinking more water. All you need is a water infuser pitcher to do the job.55% water (60% for men)? With this fact in mind, it makes sense why we’re always encouraged to get more water in our diets. At the same time, we live in a world with a mind-boggling number of choices for food and drink.
When you’re used all the sweetened and/or caffeinated beverages out there, plain water can be a tough thing to go back to.
2.9 qt (2.75 L)
0.8 qt (1 L)
1.7 qt (2 L)
1.6 qt (1.9 L)
2.9 qt (2.8 L)
2.9 qt (2.75 L)
2.9 qt (2.8 L)
Easy to PrepareInfusing water is pretty simple. All you have to do is chop up fruit, vegetables, or herbs, insert them in the water pitcher’s infuser (or in the cases of two products we reviewed, directly into the jug), and let chill in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight. The only things you’ll have to wash up are the cutting board and knife. How great is that?
Don’t know where to start? Experiment with your favorite fruits, herbs, and vegetables to get the best infused water for you. A few of the pitchers we reviewed include an ebook of infused water recipes with purchase. Or you can search online. The internet’s rife with recipes and ideas for infused water. Type “infused water recipes” into your online search engine of choice to start.
Recipe or not, you’re sure to enjoy using a water pitcher infuser to figure out your infused go-to’s!
Water and the Body
Water is essential to keeping your body in tip-top working condition. Water is the building block of various cells in your body. The most abundant liquid on Earth helps your body regulate its temperature, transport nutrients, maintain a healthy digestive tract, and flush out waste products (urination and defecation).What’s not to love?
Your body lets you know how much water you need to drink by telling you you’re thirsty.
Most of our water intake comes from drinking the stuff, but it can also come from water-rich foods like tomatoes, soup, and celery.
The Not-So-Sweet Reality of Sugar
Sugar-sweetened beverages like carbonated drinks, fruit juices, fancy coffees, and energy drinks are right within reach just about every restaurant, gas station, or store we go to. What their colorful packaging doesn’t tell you, however, is their effects of your health. The frequent consumption of sugar-sweetened beverages can contribute to weight gain (leading to obesity), aid in tooth decay, and even increase your chances of developing type 2 diabetes and heart disease. A water infuser pitcher may help you and your family drink fewer sugary beverages by letting you make great-tasting, low-sugar drinks at home. Your body will thank you!
Water Infuser Pitcher Reviews
FI-3 Fruit Infusion Flavor Pitcher by Prodyne
Prodyne’s large plastic pitcher infuses water with your favorite fruits, vegetables, or herbs all at once.
The infusion rod screws right into the lid, meaning its contents won’t jumble around when you pour a glass of water. Even better, the infusion rod goes straight to the bottom of the pitcher. This means you’ll get a great-tasting drink every time, whether you fill-up the entire jug with water or not.
Since this pitcher is made of acrylic plastic, it must be washed by hand.
- Holds lots of water, making it perfect for families or entertaining.
- BPA-free, just like all the other water infuser pitchers we’ve reviewed.
- Infusion rod goes all the way to the bottom of the pitcher, so a half-pitcher of water will infuse adequately.
- Must be washed by hand.
- Only for use with cold and room temperature beverages. It is marketed towards infused water only.
- You cannot twist the lid ‘shut’ when not in use, which means the pitcher doesn’t seal.
RIO Glass Water Pitcher and Drink Infuser by Grosche
Grosche’s glass pitcher is not only pretty, but it’s also very versatile. Use this pitcher to make infused waters, iced or sun tea, sangria, and other cold and room temperature beverages. The pitcher’s unique lid automatically opens and closes when tilted or left sitting up.
Unlike most of the water infuser pitchers we reviewed, Grocsche’s pitcher doesn’t have an infuser rod. Instead, you insert your fruit and herbs of choice directly into the pitcher.
A filter in the stainless steel lid keeps stray bits of fruit from ending up in your glass, while aerating your beverage as it pours out.
- There’s no infuser to clean. The lid’s filter and lid keep any fruits and herbs from escaping the pitcher.
- Suitable for not only infusing water but other beverages, such as iced tea and wine.
- The lid automatically seals the pitcher when upright, locking flavor in and keeping fridge odors out.
- Not suitable for hot or warm beverages.
- Doesn’t hold much liquid in comparison to the other water infuser pitchers we reviewed.
- Care must be taken with glass and sudden changes in temperature.
Fruit & Tea Infusion Water Pitcher by Mami Wata
This water infuser pitcher has two different infusers to best suit what beverage you’re making: one with a fine metal mesh for loose teas and the other with wide slots for infusing water with fruit.
The pitcher seals closed using a sliding button mechanism on the lid, locking in flavor and preventing odors from getting in or out of the pitcher.
The purchase of this water infuser pitcher includes not only the two filters but also an ice ball tray and Mami Wata’s infused water recipe ebook!
- Available in various colors to suit your tastes.
- Purchase includes an ice ball tray and an ebook of infused water recipes.
- Suitable for both cold and hot water and teas.
- Dishwasher friendly.
- Sliding button mechanism on the lid may weaken over time.
- Pouring speed is slower. Attempting to pour your drink faster may cause water to spill.
Glass Pitcher with Stainless Steel Lid by Hiware
Hiware’s water infuser pitcher is made of borosilicate glass, which can withstand temperatures between 0-300°F (-18-149°C). Like Grosche’s product, Hiware’s pitcher ingredients are directly inserted into the jug.
A stainless steel filter attached to the lid keeps your ingredients from pouring out.
Use this versatile pitcher to make and hold infused water, hot and iced teas, cold brew coffee, juice, milk, cocktails, and other hot and cold beverages.
- Also available in 32oz (1L) and 50oz (1.5) capacity sizes so that you can pick the pitcher best suited to your lifestyle. The smaller pitchers have a different shape than the one we specifically reviewed.
- Stovetop friendly so that this pitcher can double as a teapot.
- Dishwasher friendly, but Hiware recommends hand washing.
- Comes with a cleaning brush to make washing up even easier.
- If lid is kept on while pouring, liquid may dribble around the sides of the lid.
- Lid does not seal pitcher.
Three Core Infusion Water Pitcher by Chef’s INSPIRATIONS
This Tritan plastic water infuser pitcher includes three different rods: a fruit infuser, a loose tea infuser, and an ice rod that cools your drinks down without diluting them.
The pitcher fits into most refrigerator doors, but its spill-proof lid means it doesn’t have to stay there: take this pitcher to your next picnic or neighborhood barbecue too!
The purchase of this product includes a recipe ebook, giving both seasoned and newbie water infuser-users ideas.
- Large liquid capacity means you can make lots of your favorite beverage at once.
- Purchase includes recipe ebook.
- Two infusers allow you to make the perfect pitcher of your favorite fruit-infused water or loose tea. Inserting the ice rod will keep your whole pitcher cool out of the fridge without diluting the flavor.
- Must be washed by hand.
- Because of its shape, the lid may be difficult for some to clean properly.
Our Favourite Water Infuser Pitcher
Out of the products we reviewed, Mami Wata’s Fruit & Tea Infusion Water Pitcher is our favorite. This pitcher’s sliding button mechanism allows it to seal, preventing spillage and keeping infused flavors in, unlike some of the other pitchers we reviewed.
Being made of Tritan plastic makes this pitcher shatterproof, dishwasher friendly, and able to withstand both hot and cold temperatures. Use this large water infuser pitcher to make lemon water one week, and your favorite iced tea the next!
It’s not just a pitcher and two infusers, either. Mami Wata’s water pitcher infuser includes a unique ice ball tray and recipe ebook with purchase. The ice ball tray is great for making fun ice shapes for your infused water, or you could get creative and use it for making homemade ice pops instead! Regardless of how you use the tray, an ice ball in a glass of infused water will undoubtedly catch the eyes of your family and friends.
We like Mami Wata’s water infuser pitcher because of its size, durability, versatility, and cool bonuses. We hope this pitcher becomes your new favorite way to drink more water too!