Table of Contents
It’s essential to take care of yourself while having fun in the sun. Wearing a hat and sunscreen, taking breaks in the shade, and drinking lots of water are great ways to stay healthy on hot days outside. Swimming, whether it’s in a pool, lake, or the ocean, is a fun summertime activity for cooling off, but a water bottle mister lets you have water fun without the bathing suit, sand in your toes, chlorine in your hair, or even getting off the couch.
Misters don’t require electricity (except ones with fans/attachments – they need batteries), so they’re an excellent way to cool down if the power goes out or you’re camping.
360 degree spraying
Black, Clear, White
Requires 2-AA batteries
Safe flexible fan blades
Water Bottle Misters – Different Yet Similar
Most of the misters we reviewed here are suitable for a variety of uses. They are great for taming unruly hair, cooling off, watering houseplants and succulents, or filling up with a vinegar-water solution for cleaning. You’re sure to find even more great uses for such a product on your own.
Our water bottle mister reviews span various types of products, all having the spray nozzle in common. Some of these products are straight-up spray bottles, while others are water bottles you can both drink out of and mist yourself.
How you plan on using a mister will influence which one you decide to buy.
Is this Product Right for You?
It’s important to consider how you want to use a water bottle mister before purchasing anything. A couple of the ones we reviewed are designed to keep you cool. If you’re looking for something to cool down with, but also to use for other things like cleaning, we recommend you take a closer look at the more versatile water mister bottles we’ve reviewed!
Two of the products we’ve reviewed are water bottle with a trigger, intended for both drinking out of and spraying water. If you’re not fussy on a misting water bottle, we’ve got you covered! There are lots of insulated stainless steel water bottles on the market; they’ll keep your water cold for hours on end, even if it’s a hot day. Check out our product reviews on a Hydro Flask water bottle and its alternatives here!
Care and CleaningJust like any other water bottle, mister bottles require care to keep them healthy to use. Leaving water in a mister bottle for more than a couple days after using it puts it at risk to go stagnant, as well as increasing the risk for your bottle to develop the odor of mildew. You have to empty water mister bottles after using them (and letting them air dry on occasion wouldn’t hurt).
There are many great products on the market to help you take care of your mister bottle. Special odor neutralizing soaps are available, as well as special tablets you can use to disinfect your bottle. It’s well worth making sure the water in your mister is safe to use.
Reviews for Water Bottle Misters
Flairosol Hair Mist Spray Bottle by Beautify Beauties
This product is pretty much your standard spray bottle. The bottle trigger gives a steady, fine-misted spray when pressed, making sure you get a consistent output each time you use it.
This spray bottle is useful for many different things, including hair styling, cleaning, cooling down in the summer heat, and even for spritzing air fresheners around your house.
This budget spray bottle is sure to become a frequently used accessory in your life!
- Available in 3 different sizes.
- Suitable for all sorts of jobs, including hair care, cooling down, gardening, and cleaning.
- Produces a fine mist.
- The plastic this bottle is made from is very thin.
Deluxe Handheld Misting Fan by O2COOL
Unlike the other mister bottles we review, this one is designed exclusively for keeping cool.
Turn on the battery-powered fan and spray mist onto yourself to cool down on a hot summer day.
This mini fan/spray bottle is great for traveling, days at the beach, staying cool during a heatwave, and any other time you feel like you’re going to melt from the heat.
The bottle opening is wide enough so you can add ice cubes to the water compartment to make the mist even more refreshing!
- Available in a variety of colors.
- Battery-powered fan means you can use this bottle anywhere.
- Holds enough water for 1000 sprays.
- Fan blades made of a soft material.
- AA batteries are not included with purchase.
- Plastic quality is not the best.
Continuous Water Mister Hair Spray Bottle by Segbeauty
This spray bottle is similar to the Beautify Beauties bottle, but it comes in one size.
It’s a small spray bottle, best used for hair care and styling, cleaning, cooling off, and other small jobs.
The ergonomic handle means you will experience less hand fatigue, even if you use the bottle for more than a spritz or two.
Each squeeze of the trigger produces a fine, steady mist for a couple of seconds, allowing you to spray water evenly and consistently each time, regardless of the angle you’re spraying from.
- Ergonomic handle makes this bottle easy on your hand as you use it.
- Bottle can spray from any angle, not just upright.
- This bottle is just the right size for styling your hair, cooling down from the summer heat, and watering plants.
- Intended for use with water only. Don’t use this bottle for liquids like perfume.
- Only available in a 5.4oz (160ml) size, making this bottle unsuitable for larger jobs.
- Water must be emptied after use to prevent the bottle from developing an odor.
Spray Sports Water Bottle by Xpoliman
This misting bottle is a double-walled insulated water bottle that includes a mister for staying cool.
Ideal for jogging, sports, weightlifting, cycling, and other sports, this bottle will keep you well hydrated and cool with cold water and mist.
The carrying ring in the lid makes this bottle comfortable to hold by hand, but you can also clip this bottle onto your bag for on-the-go refreshment. Stay hydrated and cool wherever you go!
- A double-walled bottle keeps water cool for longer and prevents condensation from forming on the outside of the bottle.
- Cleaning brush included with purchase.
- BPA-free (bisphenol A).
- Carry this bottle by hand or clip it onto your bag with the lid’s handle.
- This is a double-walled insulated water bottle, but unlike many other similar products, this is not made of stainless steel. If you’re looking for a stainless steel insulated bottle, this product might not be for you.
- This bottle is a little on the small side, despite being marketed towards use for physical activity.
Spray Sports Water Bottle by Teentumn
The Spray Sports Bottle from Teentum looks quite similar to the Xpoliman misting sports bottle, and it functions primarily the same.
This water bottle will keep you feeling hydrated and cool, since you can both drink from this bottle and spray a fine mist on yourself.
It’s leak-proof, making it excellent for indoor/outdoor sports and recreation, beach days, or just for keeping cool at school or work.
- Matte finish on the outside of this bottle makes it easy to hold by hand.
- Carrying ring on the lid can be clipped onto a bag.
- Fits most bottle cages on bicycles, making this a great bottle to take on a fun afternoon of cycling.
- Bottle is not insulated.
- Lightweight bottle for exercise, but you may want a bottle that holds more water.
Out of the water bottle misters we’ve reviewed, our favorite is Segbeauty’s 5.4oz (160ml) Continuous Water Mister Hair Spray Bottle. Even though it’s only available in a small size, we like this product because it’s sturdier than Beautify Beauties’ bottle. And the ergonomic handle is comfortable to hold and won’t hurt your hand. It’s a great little spray bottle for whatever you need!
Stay Cool Pick
If you’re looking for a misting bottle that’s going to keep you refreshed on a hot day, or when you are participating in sports, our recommendation is the Xpoliman misting sports bottle. Since this bottle is double-wall insulated, your water stays cooler longer.
However you decide to stay cool in the summer heat, at the beach, or on vacation, we hope water bottle misters will help you!